DIY: How to clean white Shoes - Beginners guide
Whether you have Converse Men's Chuck Taylor All Star Sneaker or White 10 M Chunky Lace-up Jogger, your shoes can become dirty and smelly after use. Also, they can start to lose their new look with time. However, there is nothing to worry about! You can clean them to make them look new each time you wear them. All you have to do is to follow the correct methods. At the moment, we are going to tell you how to clean shoes at home.
If you are not acquainted with how to clean shoes in washer then no worries! You just have to throw your shoes into the washing machine and start it. Nevertheless, you first have to check the material of your shoes. If you have simple fabric shoes, joggers, canvas, or non-canvas sneakers, then you can easily wash them in the machine. Otherwise, you need to go for hand-washing.
- If your shoes have decorative items, then remove them. They do not need machine washing.
- Use an old brush to remove soft dirt from your shoes before throwing them into the machine.
- Take a pillowcase and put your shoes inside it. In this way, your machine drum will remain safe.
- Pour warm water into the machine to remove dirt and smell from shoes.
- Add vinegar into the machine for the removal of strong odors. It will also help in disinfecting your shoes.
- Once your shoes wash up nicely, then you have to pat them dry with the paper towel.
- You can also dangle your shoes if you want to dry them faster.
Machine washing is suitable for diverse types of shoes. It is a time-saving and easy method for sure. Nevertheless, if you have time, then you should prefer hand washing.
- Remove soft dirt with the help of a dry brush.
- Take a bowl of warm water and mix any preferred cleaner in it.
- Dip the brush into the solution and start scrubbing your shoes from inside and outside. Also, you have to take out the insoles and rub them well.
- When they are completely clean, then use a paper towel to dry them.
Inside cleaning is as important as outside cleaning. If your insoles are still smelly after hand or machine wash, then you need to perform additional steps. The below steps will explain how to clean shoes inside.
• Take a plastic bag and fill it with baking soda.
• Dip your insoles into this plastic bag for one night. Ensure that your insoles are covered by baking soda completely.
• In the morning, take out the insoles from this bag while shaking them. In this way, the excess of baking soda will eliminate from the insoles.
• Put the insoles in your shoes, and you are good to go.
Now you know how to clean fabric shoes or others to make them look new again. We have put forth some of the effortless methods for your convenience. Whether you choose machine washing or hand washing, make sure you dry your shoes well. Drying is imperative when it comes to the appearance of your shoes. After proper drying, your shoes will look good as new. Otherwise, it would seem like you have worn out your shoes.