How to choose the best running shoes for your specific foot type
Runners all over the globe face a universal dilemma-how to choose the most most shoes. That are in conformity with their sporting activity and their execution style. The innumerable array of popular brands, the sleek and attractive silhouettes. And the latest and innovative features can pull shutters. Over your power of decision making and place you in a conundrum. The quest for discovering the superstar athletic shoe that can take your performance. To another level and propel you to greater heights is neither too easy nor impossible.
For many men who shop online, buying, trying out and then returning has become a customary trait. And believe me, it makes you miserable to the core. You kind of start feeling excited and await your parcel with an avid eagerness only to let down. When you find out that the size is not accurate or the features of the shoes are not under your criteria. To avoid all this hassle and dissatisfied feelings, it recommended. That you acquaint yourself with essential information. Which help you to determine which running shoe are best for you. And I have created this precise and simple guide to present to you the important. And primary details that you need to gauge before buying running shoes. Having a know-how of these elemental aspects can help you in making a clever choice. That can impact your presentation in a positive manner.
Key aspects to consider to come across an ideal pair of running shoes for men:
Determine your trail plan:
Evaluate which trail you will be choosing to practice your running regimen. Are you going to hit the road? Or do you plan to track a running route over the trail and gravel paths?
What type of running shoes are suitable for you?
There are different types of running shoes which are equipped with specific features suited for a particular terrain. When you have decided upon the nature of your trail, you need to determine this factor to gain clarity on what exactly it is that you need to enhance your running.
Road running shoes:
These are crafted for running on pavements and surfaces that are lined with irregularities. These are
- Lightweight and have flexibility and provide cushioning that stabilizes and supports the feet when striking on hard and even pavements.
- Optimum for runners who usually take sprints on sidewalks, road pavements, run on treadmills or practice on outside tracks.
- They feature smooth and flat soles which are suitable for running on cemented roads.
These shoes are crafted for rocky, muddy routes which are covered with many obstacles. Trail running shoes have:
- Larger sized lugs or cleats lined on the out sole as compared to road running shoe. These lugs enhance the grip and traction on uneven and precipitous terrains.
- Some trail running shoes also feature underfoot plates which assist in shielding your feet from jagged rocks and sharp objects.
- They have a rigid and stiffer framework as compared to road running shoe and so render enhanced protection on rough and craggy surfaces.
Cross training shoes:
These are usually manufactured to be applicable in a gym environment. They improve and bolster all kinds of cross training activities and workouts and provide the support needed to uplift the performance during running workout sessions.
Gauge what type of cushioning do you need:
This is a feature which is entirely dependent on personal choice. Some runners require a plush and luxurious cushioning that will deliver a comfortable ride. While others like to push themselves to indomitable limits and enjoy the challenge of running with barefoot shoes. They love to share a connective bond with Mother Nature and so need less cushioning. There are three types of running shoes for men available that feature different levels of cushioning.
- Maximum cushioning layer: these shoes deliver a running-on-clouds sensation because of the thick and soft cushioning featured in the insoles and mid soles.
- Moderate cushioning layer: these type of running shoes for men maintain an equilibrium between having no cushioning and pillow-soft cushioning.
- Minimal cushioning layer: the minimalist shoes or also known as barefoot running shoe are usually favored by runners who want to feel an affinity with the nature and landscape. These running silhouettes are devoid of cushioning layers.
Assess your pro nation level:
Do you have a low arch and suffer from flat feet? Or do you underpronate because of having a high arch? But then, you might be the lucky one endowed with normal arches and so pronate normally.
Pro nation is the term referred to the natural inward rolling of the foot when it strikes the ground and takes a push forward. There are three pro-nation types and it is recommended that you choose shoes that provide support to your pro-nation type. Mega shoe brands like Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Saucony, Brooks, Puma and ASICS employ innovative technologies in their models to decrease excess movement and to channel the gait to follow the natural movements and make a smoother transition.
There are three types of pro-nation levels which are:
- Neutral or basic pro-nation: your foot tends to roll inward naturally within a typical range. This type of pro nation is considered to be the normal and natural one and helps in absorbing the force of impacts quite efficiently.
- Overpronation: the foot makes an excessive inward rolling on landing and this type of pro-nation can increase the risk of wounds and damage. Runners who have flat feet usually overpronate
- Under pro nation: runners who have high arches tend to underpronate. This means that their foot rolls outward excessively when making an impact on the ground. This condition is also known as supination and it can instigate many foot problems if optimum running shoes are not selected.
Support level that your feet require:
You can enhance your gait and empower your performance by choosing the optimum level of support you need in your shoes that would also be suitable for your bio-mechanics. There are three types of running shoes that offer distinctive level of support which are:
Neutral running shoes
These are most optimum for neutral runners and people who supinate.
These are equipped with stability features which can help in pro nation. They are ideal for runners who overpronate and have flat feet.
Motion control shoes:
These are best for runners who have flat feet and exhibit overpronation.
Once you have determined these basic elements, you can choose a running silhouette. Which will provide you with the ideal level of comfort. Because at the end of the day, a comfortable pair of shoes will improve your performance. And keep your feet happy and healthy. Aesthetics also play a pivotal role as does the reliability, integrity. And quality of the shoe brand you are investing in. So take all these factors into consideration, weigh the importance of each. And then head out to a running shoe shop. You will be more capable of making a smarter decision and landing upon the ultimate shoe. That will seem as if they are tailor-made for your feet.